Saturday, April 2, 2016

Chicken Nira

Hi Everyone,

For dinner today I made Chicken Nira.
I found a bunch of recipes online for Reba Nira which is Liver and Garlic Chives.
I've always wanted to try this dish but due to having high cholesterol.....I need to avoid it like the plague. So instead I chose to make this dish with Chicken.

This recipe I made from watching and looking up various versions of reba nira I hope you like it.
This should serve 1-2 people, just depends on how hungry you are.

You'll need:

1 chicken breast cut into thin strips.
2 cups of bean sprouts
approximately 1 cup of nira/garlic chives
2 TBS potato starch
1 TSP minced garlic
1/2 TSP ginger paste
2 TBS vegetable oil
2 TBS sesame oil (if you do not have this use vegetable oil)


For the Marinade:
1 TSP ginger paste
1 TSP sake
1 TSP shoyu (soy sauce)
dash of pepper

Sauce:
1 TBS shoyu (soy sauce)
1 TBS sake
1 tsp oyster sauce
1/4 tsp potato starch
dash of pepper

First make sure your bean sprouts are nice and clean. I tend to remove the little sprouty leafy head things on the ends. Also cut your nira into about 2 inch pieces.



Rinse your chicken in water and pat dry with a paper towel.
Thinly slice your chicken.

Mix the ingredients for your marinade together and mix into the chicken.
You can let this sit for a minimum for 10-15 minutes.
I was making rice at the time and it had an hour to go so I let it marinate for about 40 minutes.

After that put 2 TBS potato starch on a plate and gently coat your pieces of chicken.

In a frying pan put about 1-2 TBS of vegetable oil and swirl to coat the pan.
Add your chicken pieces and brown on each side. Once done set the chicken aside.
For the entire cooking process I use the temperature between Medium to Medium High.
Now to the pan add 1-2 TBS of Sesame Oil, if you don't have this you can use vegetable oil again.
Sesame oil just adds a bit of extra flavor to it.
Add your minced garlic and ginger paste. Saute until aromatic.
Add your bean sprouts and gently stir fry.
After about 2 minutes add the nira.
Once the nira start to look like they're beginning to wilt a bit add the chicken back into the pan.
Heat up the chicken.


Mix up the ingredients for your sauce.
Make sure before you add it to the chicken mixture that you stir it.
Potato Starch has a tendency to sink to the bottom.

Gently stir everything until the sauce begins to thicken.
Now it's ready to serve.



I hope you give this recipe a try ^___^
As always if you have any requests please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment